Sunday, February 6, 2011

Interview with a Vampire

An Interview with a Vampire was quite a story with a good amount of different relationships and I think that was one of its more interesting parts.  I've never been adverse to vampires, I quite like them, so reading this type of story was nice. I really was intrigued by the main characters, especially Lestat.  He really tried to twist Louis into what he wanted in a way, trying to manipulate him, and at the same time, Louis resisting those thoughts. I liked the relationship that was created between the two of them.  I felt that they had chemistry between them.  There was also Claudia, who added another twist to the relationship.  It was somewhat a weird twisted love in my mind, since Louis and Claudia seemed like father/daughter as well as lovers.

The discussion in class was interesting to me, too.  It seemed that most of the girls had something to say about this book, and the guys didn't.  I heard a lot of Twilight and its content being tossed around as kind of the reason the guys didn't seem to like this book.  Though, I didn't think this book was really in the same realm as Twilight. This led me to think about how some believe that the vampire genre equals Twilight in this day and age, which I don't think it does.  Regardless, to each his own, not everyone has to like vampires.

No comments:

Post a Comment