Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Magicians

The Magicians certainly gave me something that can relate to me in several ways.  Quentin is going to college for Sorcery of all things, and though it did remind me of Hogwarts, it did have something else.  Having the drugs, alcohol, and parties really made me think of the typical college life people would hear about, except the twist is that they're sorcerers.  The book did seem to take a while to actually get anywhere, though it kept my interest throughout the first half. The angst was good, though maybe a little much after a bit.  Even though they might have magical abilities and such, Quentin and his group of friends find out that they have no real way of using for anything of much worth.  I think that that's probably true since this is an urban fantasy, the world wouldn't have to necessarily have any use for magic to accomplish daily tasks.

No comments:

Post a Comment